Chicken Ramen Factory
Make Chicken Ramen by hand starting with kneading, spreading, and steaming the wheat flour and then drying it with flash frying method. After experiencing the process that led to the invention of the world’s first instant noodles, you can take your freshly made instant noodles with you and enjoy its delicious taste at home.
CUPNOODLES MUSEUM OSAKA IKEDA 2F
Elementary school children: 300 yen / Junior high school and up: 500 yen (tax included)
From Wednesday, April 1, 2020, the participation fee for Elementary school children will be revised from 300 to 500 yen and the fee for Junior high school and up will be revised from 500 to 800 yen.
- Admission is free when used as an elementary, junior high, or high school educational activity.
- Every participants recieve a Hiyoko-chan (the Chicken Ramen mascot) souvenir bandanna.
All visitors over the age of elementary school students (over 6 years old)
- Preschoolers are not allowed to participate in the workshop.
Up to 48 persons per session
9:30 – 16:30
9:30 / 11:00 / 13:15 / 14:45
How to Make Reservations
Reservations for up to 20 persons can be made by our website or telephone from 10:00, up to three months prior to the desired date.
Reservations for groups of 21 persons or more (group reservations) are accepted only by telephone.
If you are considering taking elementary, junior high or high school students to the facility for educational purposes, contact us by telephone.
Reservations for up to 20 persons
Reservations for 21 or more persons (group reservations)
- If CUPNOODLES MUSEUM OSAKA IKEDA is closed on the day three months before the desired date, please contact the museum after 10:00 on the next day it is open.
- If there is no day on the calendar three months before the desired date, then contact us on the first day the museum is open the following month.
- Once a session’s capacity is filled, reservations are closed.
How to Make Your Original Chicken Ramen
Knead the flour by hand.
Thin out the dough sheet using a noodle maker.
Cut the dough sheet into noodles.
Place the noodles in a colander and steam.
Design a package.
Untangle the noodles, add seasoning, and from them into a block.
Fry in oil.
(flash frying method)
Your Chicken Ramen is finished!
- Museum staff members perform steps 4 and 7.
- Prior reservations
- Reservations for one visitor only cannot be accepted.
- Participants work in pairs. First, second, and third graders of elementary school are required to work with someone of junior high school age or older.
- Notes to visitors
- Please come to the first floor counter at least 10 minutes prior to your reservation.
- You may be asked to present your ID.
- If you fail to satisfy our conditions for participation in the Chicken Ramen Factory due to reasons such as differences in the composition of your group from what was applied in your reservation, the participation of your group may be declined.
- Only participants are allowed to enter the workshop venue.
- Aprons and other necessities are available. You do not need to bring anything.
Exhibitions & Attractions
Make Chicken Ramen by hand in the factory. Enjoy the entire process of kneading, spreading, steaming and seasoning the wheat flour and drying it with the flash frying method.
Create your own completely original CUPNOODLES package, which is unavailable anywhere else in the world. For the cup that you design, select your favorite soup from among four varieties as well as four toppings from among 12 varieties.
This is a faithful recreation of the work shed where Chicken Ramen, the world's first instant noodles, was invented.
The story of the invention of instant noodles, the growth of this new industry, and the value of intellectual property are displayed graphically and chronologically.
Enhance your understanding of instant noodles while enjoying various quizzes related to instant noodles.
Interactive theater in the shape of CUPNOODLES. Anecdotes of inspiration that lead to the invention of the world’s first cup-type instant noodles, CUPNOODLES and its manufacturing process, etc., are introduced using powerful, large-screen visual images.
This colorful exhibit depicts the worldwide popularization of instant noodles using annual consumption figures of various countries and CUPNOODLES packages from around the world.
Momofuku Ando's achievements and his words during his life are introduced through visual images, along with the exhibition of testimonials and actual medals awarded to him.
This exhibit displays the instant noodles lineup that started with Chicken Ramen. Approximately 800 product packages shows how a single product introduced more than a half-century ago grew into a global dietary culture.
In addition to popular favorites like Chicken Ramen and CUPNOODLES, products that are not usually sold in Osaka, such as products sold only in limited areas of Japan, can be purchased from vending machines and enjoyed in the dining area.
The shop features original goods from the CUPNOODLES MUSEUM and other items related to instant noodles. Many of the limited items in the shop are unavailable anywhere else.