Chicken Ramen Factory
- Paid service
- Reservation required
- Age restrictions
Make Chicken Ramen by hand starting with kneading, spreading, and steaming the wheat flour and then drying it with flash frying method. After experiencing the process that led to the invention of the world’s first instant noodles, you can take your freshly made instant noodles with you and enjoy its delicious taste at home.
Elementary school children: 300 yen / Junior high school and up: 500 yen (tax included)
- Admission is free when used as an elementary, junior high, or high school educational activity.
- Every participants recieve a Hiyoko-chan (the Chicken Ramen mascot) souvenir bandanna.
All visitors over the age of elementary school students.
- Preschoolers are not allowed to participate in the workshop.
Up to 48 persons per session.
10:15 – 17:45
10:15 / 11:00 / 11:45 / 13:15 / 14:00 / 14:45 / 15:30 / 16:15
- We accept same-day bookings if any seats are available for a particular time slot. Please visit the reception counter of Chicken Ramen Factory on the third floor.
(Same–day bookings by phone or online are not accepted.)
How to Make Reservations
Reservations for up to 20 persons can be made by our website or telephone from 10:00, up to three months prior to the desired date.
Reservations for groups of 21 persons or more (group reservations) are accepted only by telephone.
If you are considering taking elementary, junior high or high school students to the facility for educational purposes, contact us by telephone.
Reservations for up to 20 persons
Reservations for 21 or more persons (group reservations)
- If the museum is closed on the day three months before the desired date, please contact the museum after 10:00 on the next day it is open.
- If there is no day on the calendar three months before the desired date, then contact us on the first day the museum is open the following month.
- Once a session’s capacity is filled, reservations are closed.
How to Make Your Original Chicken Ramen
Knead the flour by hand.
Thin out the dough sheet using a noodle maker.
Cut the dough sheet into noodles.
Place the noodles in a colander and steam.
Design a package.
Untangle the noodles, add seasoning, and from them into a block.
Fry in oil.
(flash frying method)
Your Chicken Ramen is finished!
*Museum staff members perform steps 4 and 7.
- Reservations for one visitor only cannot be accepted.
- Participants work in pairs. First, second, and third graders of elementary school are required to work with someone of junior high school age or older.
Notes to visitors
- Please come to the third floor counter at least 15 minutes prior to your reservation.
- You may be asked to present your ID.
- If you fail to satisfy our conditions for participation in the Chicken Ramen Factory due to reasons such as differences in the composition of your group from what was applied in your reservation, the participation of your group may be declined.
- Only participants are allowed to enter the workshop venue.
- Aprons and other necessities are available. You do not need to bring anything.
Exhibitions & Attractions
Make Chicken Ramen by hand in the factory. Enjoy the entire process of kneading, spreading, steaming and seasoning the wheat flour and drying it with the flash frying method.
Create your own completely original CUPNOODLES package, which is unavailable anywhere else in the world. For the cup that you design, select your favorite soup from among four varieties as well as four toppings from among 12 varieties.
The huge athletic facility offers the virtual experience of being a noodle in a huge factory, and going through the entire manufacturing process from making the noodles to shipping them.
An astounding quantity of packages shows how instant noodles, which started with Chicken Ramen, grew into a global dietary culture.
MOMOFUKU TV uses CG animation to tell the story of how Momofuku Ando overcame great adversity to achieve globally significant inventions.
This is a faithful recreation of the work shed where Chicken Ramen, the world’s first instant ramen, was invented.
The essence of Momofuku Ando’s words, thinking and action, is summarized in six keywords and expressed in a new style of modern art.
By combining images from his life and times along with endearing illustrations, an expansive 58-meter- long panorama guides you through the life of Momofuku Ando that was dedicated to the creation of new food.
At this food attraction, taste many different kinds of noodles from around the world like Momofuku Ando did while traveling the “noodles road” in search of the origins of noodles.
The shop features original goods from the CUPNOODLES MUSEUM and other items related to instant noodles. Many of the limited items in the shop are unavailable anywhere else.
In a window display, 4,000 marbles slide along a course that is made to look like a factory. Enjoy the speed of the sliding marbles and the numerous gizmos along the course.